Caring for Your Hardwood Floor-
Precautions for newly installed, refinished or screen & coat:
The finish may have slight odor however, the finishes are non-toxic
- Do not walk on finished floor for the first 2-3 hours (dry times vary based on temperature and humidity). After floors are dry 2-3 hours, walk on the floor with stocking feet only. No Shoes for the first 24 hours.
- Do not replace furniture for 48 hours. Carry do not slide furniture.
- Place area rugs after 2 weeks.
- Do not use cleaner for 1 week. You may spot clean as needed.
- Small – medium size dogs allowed on floor 3-4 days. Large dogs 7 days. If possible, let floor cure 100% before allowing dogs back on floor which is 7 days.
Recommended Floor Maintenance:
- Use soft bristle broom, hardwood floor vacuum, or anti-static dry mop to pick up lint, dog hair, dirt etc.
- When needed use Bona Cleaner (purchase at King Soopers, Costco,Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware, Use only Bona Cleaner NOT use Refresher or Polisher ) and lightly mist floor and mop over with cotton cloth or soft fiber cloth mop.
- Remove wet spills promptly using a soft cotton cloth and never damp mop a wood floor.
- Never use water, water and vinegar, oil soap or other household cleaners. These products dull and damage the finish and make future cleaning and recoating difficult.
- Place rugs at entrances. Avoid rubber backed or non-ventilated rugs as they may cause discoloring over time.
- Spiked High heels can damage the floor..Sand, small stones from shoe tread may scratch floor.
- Trim pets claws frequently